Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 10, Kielbasa and Spanish Rice

I only had to feed the kids and myself today, so I wasn't going to do anything difficult or worthy of many pans. This is a good one-pan dish that doesn't take much prep.


Turkey Kielbasa with Spanish Rice and Corn

1 ring Turkey Kielbasa
1 bag Knorr Spanish Rice
1 can petite cut tomatoes, do not drain
1 1/2 to 2 cups sweet corn (I use Birds-Eye Baby Sweet Corn)
1 cup water

Cut turkey kielbasa into bite size pieces. Cook on medium until heated through. Add corn, tomatoes, rice mixture, and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low to simmer. Simmer for 7-10 minutes until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.

Serves 6-8

Adding the tomatoes and corn helps to get your vegetables in. The turkey kielbasa is healthier than regular kielbasa and has less fat. I prefer the baby sweet corn from the frozen section because I find it to be more flavorful than regular corn and by getting it from the freezer section, it is healthier, has more vitamins retained vs canned and has no salt. I hate to do dishes, so this is easy clean-up with only one pan.

Flavor Rating: Good, adding the extra tomatoes helps the flavor of the rice.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, minimal prep and all in one pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment