Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 11, White Chicken Chili

I have never had White Chicken Chili before and there has been a lot of chatter about it on my local Mom's Like Me site. I had the spice pack for it, so it was time to try it out.


White Chicken Chili

1 pound boneless skinless chicken
McCormick White Chicken Chili spice mix
1 can of White Northern Beans or 1/3 cup dry beans, soaked as directed
1 1/2 to 2 cups corn
enough water to cover, about 2 cups

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, approximately 1/2 inch cubes. Place in medium sized slow cooker. Add spice mix on top of meat. Add prepared beans and corn. Add enough water to cover mixture. Cook on high 5-7 hours, until beans are tender and chicken is cooked thoroughly.

Serves 4-6

I'm not one for chili normally. I'm put off by the texture of the beans normally. These beans aren't too bad texture wise. White Northern beans have a softer texture than Kidney beans. I will be trying different beans to see if I can handle the textures. This is a nice version of chili and I think I will be making it again in my lifetime.

Flavor Rating: Good, it was a bit spicy for my daughter, but was spicy enough for me.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, the hardest part is cutting up the chicken, you could use leftover rotisserie chicken if desired. Don't forget to soak the beans or it will take a little longer to prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment