Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 14, Nachos

I like to make my nachos like I make my tacos, with plenty of toppings.


Nachos

1 pound hamburger
taco seasoning mix
tortilla chips (since it's near Christmas, I was able to find green and red chips)
toppings of your choice including:
shredded cheese
finely chopped lettuce
chopped tomatoes
olives (I prefer black, but use whichever you like)
salsa
sour cream

Brown hamburger. Drain and rinse. Add seasoning and water, according to directions on seasoning packet. Place chips on plate or bowl. Add taco mix on top of chips. Add toppings, starting with cheese to allow it to melt.

This is a good recipe to allow people to put the toppings they like on their nachos. You'll probably still need a fork, but most of it is finger food. I would have put sour cream on my nachos, but I forgot to pick some up last night. If the lettuce is chopped finely enough, it's easier to eat on nachos. I used romaine lettuce today. The darker the green the healthier for you.

Flavor Rating: Great, it can be made differently for each persons taste.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just brown and serve. There is minimal cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment