Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 18, Individual Turkey Pot Pies

I looked for this as an individual recipe, but could only find full sized pies. I improvised and made them individual sized in soup tureens.


Individual Turkey Pot Pie

1 unbaked pie crust cut into circles that will cover top of pies - size depends on size of your tureens.
1 (10.75 oz) can golden mushroom soup
2 cups cooked, chopped turkey meat
2 heaping cups frozen mixed vegetables
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium pot, heat vegetables in water, drain and place vegetables back in pot. Add chopped turkey, soup mix and milk. Heat until hot, but not boiling. Add mixture to 4 tureens. Place pie crusts on top of mixture. Place ceramic tureens on a lipped baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, until crust is browned. Let cool for 10 minutes until tureens are cool enough to handle.

Serves 4

Making these individual and only putting the crust on the top cuts the calories that would have been in them if it were made in a double crust. You still get the taste of crust, but don't have to cut out your snack later. This is a great way to use up leftover turkey after a holiday. You also are able to sneak in lots of veggies. I can't stand the taste of canned peas, but using the frozen mixed veggies I couldn't taste anything but sweet veggies. If you don't like mushrooms, feel free to use any other cream of soup, Chicken, Onion, or Celery would be good substitutes. I think that I will use cream of chicken next time I make it.

Flavor Rating: Great, I finished my sons who decided he didn't like it which is odd for someone who eats nearly everything.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, if you forget to heat the veggies, they'll heat up in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment