Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 22, Cinnamon Pork Chops

Today I made my husbands favorite pork chops. It is made in the slow cooker, so you do have to think ahead, but with few ingredients it's easy to throw into the slow cooker and set it until you get home from work.


Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops
a Crock Pot Recipe

1 1/2 pounds boneless pork chops (6 chops)
4 medium apples, sliced; I used Gala today, the original recipe calls for Golden Delicious
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Place pork chops into a slow cooker; cover with apples. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle over apples. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.

Makes 6 servings

I served it with green beans and Au Gratin potatoes. The potatoes were from a box, just follow the directions on the box. I made the recipe once for my husband and he keeps asking for me to make it. I like anything I don't have to do too much work over. Apples compliment the pork chops just right. It's good for a cold day.

Flavor Rating: Excellent, I love anything sweet.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just toss in and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment