Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 23, Tater Tot Hot Dish

Today I wasn't feeling well, so my husband was nice enough to make dinner. I usually put more tater tots on the top so it's really full, but it's still made pretty well today.


Tater Tot Hot Dish

1 pound hamburger
1 can cream of onion soup
about 1/2 can milk
about 1/2 bag of Tater Tots, enough to cover top of dish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown hamburger, drain and rinse. Add cream of onion soup and milk. Stir until soup mix is consistently creamy and covers the hamburger. Put hamburger mixture in a 8x8 square pan. Add tater tots on top of hamburger mixture in a single layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until tater tots are browned and hot.

Serves 4-5

Most people make this dish with cream of mushroom soup. I do not like the mushroom taste so I have discovered cream of onion soup. Sometimes cream of celery soup is substituted, but since onions are sometimes cooked along with the hamburger, cream of onion makes more sense. This may be a hard soup to find, but I'm seeing it more on the shelves. I saw it at my local Target the other day. Some people like to add corn to the mix and that's a great way to hide the veggies from the kids that don't like to eat veggies.

Flavor Rating: Good, I like it, but my daughter doesn't really like onions.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, my husband was able to make it nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment