Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 24, Tuna Melts

With Christmas coming up tomorrow, I had some stuff to bake. I didn't have tons of time to make dinner, so sandwiches it was. This is a fairly easy way to make a tuna melt.


Tuna Melt Sandwiches

2 cans (5-6 oz) tuna canned in water, drained
4 tbsp pickle, chopped
4-6 tbsp mayonnaise
1 cup shredded cheese
8 slices bread

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, except bread; mix well. Spread 1/4 of the mixture on top of each of 4 pieces of bread. Place a second slice of bread on top of each sandwich. Wrap each sandwich in foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.

Serves 4

I used baby dills in my sandwich mixture. I think I would have liked celery or even apples in the mixture in place of the pickles. My daughter even ate her sandwich! I didn't think she liked tuna, but I guess I'm wrong. This would be good with some chips on the side and maybe even another pickle. Maybe I'll do apples in the mixture for a tuna wrap.

Flavor Rating: Good, When my daughter eats something, it must be good.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, wrapping the sandwich was the hardest part. Even the kids can help by mixing the tuna mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment