Friday, December 25, 2009

Day 25, Christmas Dinner

Thanks to my Sister, we had an awesome dinner for Christmas. I don't have the recipes for all the dishes right now, but I will share them later as I get them.

The main meat was Ham, traditional for our family to have on Christmas. Just heat for about a half hour, make glaze according to packaging, and pour over ham and heat for an additional 5 minutes. Read the instructions on your ham for directions as different cuts require different heating.

The vegetable dish had the cutest penguin black olives. Cut carrots into circles, then cut triangles out of the circles for the beaks, you have the feet and the beaks from the carrot circles. Slice one large black olive on one side. Fill that olive and a full olive with vegetable cream cheese. Place unsliced olive on top of sliced olive and secure with a round toothpick. Place circle carrots under sliced olive with the cut side facing the cut side of olive. Put the triangle in top olive, using a knife to make a hole, if necessary.
The dip was a sun dried tomato and cream cheese dip.

Twice Baked Potatoes
When I have the actual recipe, I will share, but I haven't gotten the recipe from my sis yet.

Garlic Herb Cauliflower
I don't have the recipe for this either. I will share once I have this recipe too.

Flavor Rating: Great, I didn't have to make a thing. Thanks Sis!

Ease of Preparation: Moderate, Some skill is needed to make those penguins. Don't leave the ham in too long or it will burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment