Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 8, Garlic and Herb Steak Frites

I got my Cooking Club of America magazine yesterday and was leafing through the recipes when I came across this recipe and said I know what's for dinner tomorrow! It looked really good and I still had extra meat leftover from yesterday's meal.


Garlic and Herb Steak Frites

14 oz frozen shoestring french fries (I used crinkle cut because I like them better)
1 1/4 pound beef sirloin steak
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup beef broth
1/4 cup half-and-half
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 package (5.2 oz) garlic and herb spreadable cheese, I used Target brand

Make fries according to package directions, until browned.
Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil; heat until hot. Cook steak 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare, turning once. Remove steak. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
Into same pan, add broth, half-and-half and Worcestershire sauce to skillet. Bring to a boil; boil to reduce slightly. Remove from heat; whisk in cheese.
Serve steak over sauce; accompany with fries.

Makes 4 servings

To see nutritional info for this recipe, see http://www.cookingclub.com/ and search recipes. I like having recipe magazines because they allow me to try new recipes instead of going back to my standards frequently. The only drawback is that I have to go out and get ingredients I may not normally use. It was snowing today, but I was fortunately out early enough to not have to handle too much traffic. I got the ingredients for the next few days to hold me over until the snowstorm is done. This is one of those recipes that makes you feel like you're eating in a fancy restaurant, but was still easy to make. It still only took about a half hour to make. It would be great with a salad on the side.

Flavor Rating: Excellent, big tip quality, but you have to like garlic to enjoy it.

Ease of preparation: Easy, you just need to know how to multi-task.

No comments:

Post a Comment