Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 33, Open Faced Turkey Sandwich

With it being so cold today (the high was -5 on my computer app) I wanted to bake in the oven. I had a turkey loaf available, so I used it.


Open Faced Turkey Sandwich

1 turkey loaf, prepared as on packaging
1 packet turkey gravy mix
6 slices bread, toasted

Prepare turkey loaf as directed on package, approximately 2 hours. Remove from oven, open package and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove loaf from packaging and place on a plate. Cut into thin slices.
Prepare gravy mix according to packaging, add gravy from turkey loaf to extra gravy.
Toast bread and place a few slices on toast. Cover with gravy.

Serves 6

You could use leftover turkey or deli meat turkey for this recipe. This is a great after Thanksgiving meal, just use leftover turkey and gravy. I served baby sweet corn with my meal, but any hot vegetable is good with it. I used to be able to find boil-in-bag turkey slices, but I think that was discontinued years ago. I like this warm sandwich for a cold day, even if I have to eat it with a fork.

Flavor Rating: Great, I like extra gravy.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, watch the gravy so it doesn't get burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment