Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 34, Honey Mustard Chicken

This was a completely new glaze for my chicken today. I've done honey mustard on my pork, but not my chicken. I also tried a new steamer vegetable and come up disappointed in the amount of vegetables in the bag.


Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
McCormic honey mustard chicken glaze mix
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup honey

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces; place into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Mix seasoning, water and honey in a small bowl until well blended. Pour over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.

Serves 4

The side I made was a half box of whole wheat rotini noodles mixed with a bag of Green Giant broccoli and cheese. The vegetables were supposed to feed 3, but it looked more like 2 servings to me which is why I mixed them in with the noodles. I would just make a bigger portion of broccoli with Velveeta or Cheese Whiz to melt over the cheese next time.

Flavor Rating: Good, I enjoyed the chicken, but was disappointed by the broccoli.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, you could make the chicken breasts whole if you prefer, but I find it easier to cut them up before cooking because I have little kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment