Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 39, Honey Mustard Pork Chops

I was going to do an orange reduction for my pork chops thinking I still had orange juice in my refrigerator, but looked and saw no orange juice, so I had to improvise and ended up with a honey mustard glaze.


Honey Mustard Pork Chops

4 boneless pork chops, cut 1 inch thick
1/2 cup honey mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp water

Combine honey mustard, honey and water in a small bowl. Place pork chops in a resealable baggie and pour mustard mixture over chops. Place in fridge for at least 1 hour. Place in a baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Serves 4

I like spicy mustards when I'm cooking. I've never been partial to the yellow mustard. Had I looked and been prepared for dinner tonight, I would have had all the ingredients I needed. I suppose I should actually plan out the meals for the rest of the week so I'm not throwing something together at the last minute. This is an easy meal because the oven takes care of everything, you don't have to worry about being splattered by grease from frying, but if you want a fried effect, mix a tbsp of olive oil into the marinade instead of the water and sear the chops on each side before sticking them into the oven.

Flavor Rating: Good, I have done better honey mustard mixes before. I should have mixed some water into the marinade to begin with, but I didn't.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, I check a chop by cutting it through to see if it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment