Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 40, Hamburgers

I didn't know what I wanted to make today and asked the family what we were having. The consensus was hamburgers.


Hamburgers

1 pound lean ground beef
2 tbsp A1 sauce
1 egg

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, kneading until consistency is the same. Press into bowl and divide into 4 equal parts. Form into patties, pressing a divot in the center. Cook in a large frying pan at medium heat for 5-7 minutes a side. Do not press the burgers during the cooking process or you will lose the moisture.
During the last minute, you can add a slice of cheese if desired and cover to let the cheese melt.
Place on a bun or bread and top with desired condiments; lettuce, tomato, onions, ketchup, mustard, pickles and/or mayonnaise.

Serves 4

I've seen some recipes that call for bread crumbs, but since I'm making a burger and not meatloaf, I don't like breadcrumbs in my recipe. The burger comes out moist with just the sauce and the egg. I used 93/7 meat for the desired leanness, there is a leaner meat sold in the store I shop, but I wanted a little fat to keep my burger moist. It's much harder to make a good burger with a fattier gorund beef, it tends to fall apart easier.

Flavor Rating: Great, I love A1 sauce and mixing it in gives the burger a good smoky flavor.

Ease of Preparation: Moderate, it took me years to figure out how to cook the burger without burning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment