Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 44, Baked Ziti

Although this is similar to lasagna, it is different enough to be it's own recipe. This doesn't have meat while lasagnas generally have meat in it's layers. I didn't have Ziti noodles so I substituted Penne noodles. They are similar in shape and I was able to get the penne noodles in whole wheat.


Three Cheese Baked Ziti

1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (16 oz) package Ziti pasta, cooked and drained
1 (26 oz) jar pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
In the pot you cooked your noodles, combine noodles and sauce.
Line a 13 x 9 inch baking dish; spoon 1/2 the pasta mixture; evenly top with the cheese mixture, then remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until heated through. If desired, serve with additional sauce.

Serves 10

I found this through Ragu and made it pretty much the way the original recipe said. I lined the baking dish for easier cleanup although the original recipe didn't say to. I just don't like having to wash dishes and anything to make cleanup easier makes my life easier.

Flavor Rating: Great, I like the ricotta mixture better in this baked ziti than in a lasagna.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, I can't find a recipe that's much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment