Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 51, Loose Meat Sandwiches

I thawed out some hamburger meat and was planning on meatballs, but when I discovered that I didn't have all the ingredients for them, I went with making loose meat sandwiches instead.


Loose Meat Sandwiches

2 pounds lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp McCormick Steakhouse Seasoning

In a large frying pan, cook onion and ground beef, mixing to crumble ground beef as finely as possible. Drain and rinse ground beef mixture. Return mixture to pan and add garlic, Worcestershire sauce and steakhouse seasoning; mix thoroughly. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, until garlic has browned, but not burned.

Serves 8-10

Serve this mixture either on buns or bread. This is a very dry mixture, unlike sloppy joes which are very moist. I didn't have all the ingredients to the original recipe that I took this from and have no idea what browning sauce is. I happen to enjoy the steakhouse seasoning, so I went with that. I am buying new seasonings all the time, so more interesting mixtures may just pop up. So far I'm enjoying this challenge I have given myself, but I need to go farther outside my comfort zone to push myself to try new things. Sometime this week I will be trying to sautee onions. Let's see if I manage to do it this time. I'm just not very patient and sauteeing onions takes patience.

Flavor Rating: Good, I wish I had gone with the brown sugar and tomato juice that was in the origianl recipe I was looking at, but I didn't have any tomato juice.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, stirring while cooking creates little pieces of hamburger meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment