Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 55, Game Day Taco Dip

Due to the Minnesota Vikings playing today, I had to make something quick and easy to eat with your hands. I found a new type of dipping chip, so I had to try them.


Layered Taco Dip

1 pound ground beef
1 taco seasoning packet
water according to package
1 cup taco mix shredded cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 cup sour cream

In a large frying pan, brown ground beef on medium heat. Drain and rinse. Mix in seasoning packet and water and simmer according to packet. Place taco meat on a serving plate, top with shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream in that order. Serve with chips. If desired add refried beans and guacamole between cheese and salsa layers.

Serves 6-8

I'm not partial to either guacamole or refried beans, so I didn't add them to this dip. I wanted to have a eat with chips kind of meal, so a taco dip was a good choice to go with a football game. Had I had sliced black olives, I would have added them too. I didn't need anything else for dinner today because I wasn't having a big party. I found some new dipping strips to go with the dip instead of regular tortilla chips. They were ok, but I think the bite sized round chips would have held up better with this kind of thick dip. I think they are better for a cheese dip or a salsa.

Whether you win or lose today (they're in overtime as I type)
Skol Vikings!

Flavor Rating: Good, just like a taco.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, it's ok to get messy with your dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment