Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 57, Garlic Lemon Butter Steak

I got some good steaks from my mother and I had to have one today. I love it when I know my cow before it's on my plate.

Garlic Lemon Butter Steak

1 pound lean cut steak
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice

Cook steak in 1 tbsp olive oil to desired doneness, 5-7 minutes per side for medium on medium heat. Mix butter, garlic and lemon juice in a cup. Let steak set for 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into strips and serve with butter sauce poured over steak.

Serves 4

I served this with Green Giant broccoli and cheesy rice steamers. It was a quick way to make a side, but not necessarily the healthiest way to have rice or broccoli. It's a nice way to make a quick side, but I prefer plain steamed broccoli and brown rice over a quick processed side. I don't actually measure anything, so I try to approximate what I used in my recipes.

Flavor Rating: Great, I liked the butter sauce, but I love garlic and lemon and butter, so it was all good.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, be sure to dry your steak with paper towels before cooking to be able to brown it nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment