Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 60, Tilapia in Orange Sauce

I decided to experiment with another orange juice blend. It was good, but I should have made it into a reduction. Orange Roughy would be good for this sauce too.

Tilapia in Orange Sauce

1 pound tilapia
3 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp butter, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Mix orange juice, lime juice and butter in a small bowl. Place fish into a shallow baking pan and pour juice mixture over fish. Bake 8-10 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Serves 4

I think for a stronger taste I should have doubled the sauce and taken it to a pan to boil it for 20 minutes so it could reduce, making the flavor more intense. It was a little too mild of a taste for me. Having been the first time I made this, it could have worse, but it could have also been better.

Flavor Rating: Good, it was a good sauce, but it could have been more intense.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just mix and bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment