Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 67, BBQ Pork Chops

I was in the mood for pork chops today. I also had another steamer I wanted to try. So that was how dinner came about today.

Bbq Pork Chops

4 pork chops, cut 1 inch thick
3-4 tbsp of your favorite bbq sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a foil lined pan, spread enough bbq sauce to coat bottom of pan. Place pork chops in pan; spread remaining sauce over chops. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until pork is cooked through.

Serves 4

I made a sweet potato steamer with dinner tonight. It was easy to make, but probably would have been cheaper to buy a raw sweet potato. I added 1/4 cup of brown sugar and a few pats of butter to the potatoes. It was a good sweet potato. The vegetables I simply steamed in my steaming pan. If you don't have a steamer, you could boil the vegetables, but they retain more nutrition when steamed vs boiled. I like just being able to throw my dinner in the oven and forget about it for a half hour. It's quick and easy to make dinner that way.

Flavor Rating: Great, it was enough sauce for the flavor.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, it took very little brain power to make today.

No comments:

Post a Comment