Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 70, Chicken Tacos

Despite the snow today, I went up to the store to get some fresh tomatoes and lettuce to make tacos with.

Chicken Tacos

1 pound chicken, cut into small thin strips
1 packet taco seasoning
6 tortillas or taco shells

Cook chicken in a large pan over medium heat. Add seasoning packet and water according to package. Heat tortillas or shells according to package. Serve chicken meat evenly on 6 shells. Top with your favorite taco toppings: lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, olives, sour cream and/or guacamole.

Serves 6

I usually make my tacos with ground beef, but today I wanted chicken. My toppings were just shredded cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and sliced black olives. Place all the toppings in separate bowls so everyone can choose their own toppings.

Flavor Rating: Great, I like Ortega seasoning.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, there's a lot of prep work involved with cutting up the tomatoes and lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment