Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 71, Italian Sausage Soup

I really liked the Italian Chicken soup that I made the other day so I thought I'd try to do it with sausage. I think had I done it with the same ingredients it would have tasted better, but it was ok.

Italian Sausage Soup

1 pound original flavor ground sausage
1 box (32 oz) beef broth
1 cup dry brown rice
1 jar garlic and onion spaghetti sauce

Over medium heat in a soup pot, cook sausage until browned. Drain and rinse. Add beef broth, bring to a boil. Add rice and reduce heat to simmer for 45 minutes, until rice is tender. Add spaghetti sauce and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes.

Serves 8-10

I think that the spaghetti sauce was too bland. Maybe I should have just used canned cut tomatoes and Italian seasoning like I did in the other recipe. Had I added the same spices it might have been better. I didn't have ground sausage, I had links. What I did was cut them into bite sized pieces and cooked them until they were browned. It came out about the same as using ground sausage.

Flavor Rating: Ok, I probably won't make it like that again.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, it just takes a while to cook good rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment