Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 74, Tuna Noodle Salad

This is a dish you could serve either warm or cold. I like it warm where you add your hot noodles to the rest of the ingredients. The kids even ate all of theirs.

Tuna Noodle Salad

2 cans tuna
1/2 box ring noodles
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp mayo

Cook noodles according to packaging. Drain tuna. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve over lettuce. If desired, serve with crackers.

Serves 4

I like to serve this over lettuce because that's how my mother always served it. I prefer my tuna slightly warmed, but not hot, so adding the hot noodles warms the dish without making it hot. My husband enjoys eating this with crackers, using them like a spoon.

Flavor Rating: Great, it had just the right amount of garlic for me.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, not much prep to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment