Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 79, Hot Ham and Cheese

We had just a little time to eat, so sandwiches it was. Hot ham and cheese is kinda like a fancy grilled cheese sandwich.

Hot Ham and Cheese

2 slices deli ham
2 slices American cheese
2 slices bread
1 tbsp softened butter

Spread butter to edges on one side of each slice of bread. Place a slice of cheese on each slice. Add ham to center of sandwich. In a preheated frying pan, cook sandwich on medium for 30 seconds to a minute per side, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.

Serves 1

I used the Ol' Farmers Ham from the WalMart deli. It's the least processed ham in the deli and tastes the most like a real ham. I like to use American cheese slices because they melt the easiest. If you want to use a different cheese, be sure to cover the pan while cooking for better meltability. Swiss cheese would taste good with this sandwich too.

Flavor Rating: Great, I like this ham, it's the best I've tasted. I'm very picky about my ham.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, be sure to spread the butter to the edges for even browning.

No comments:

Post a Comment