Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 84, Hamburger Soup

This is one of my favorite comfort foods. I used Barilla Plus elbow noodles to get some whole grains instead of using white noodles.

Hamburger Soup

1 pound ground beef
1/2 box (approx. 2 cups) elbow noodles
2 cans tomato soup
2 cups water

Cook ground beef until browned, crushing to make small bits. Drain and rinse ground beef. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packaging; drain reserving 2 cups water from cooked noodles. Mix all ingredients in pot you cooked noodles.

Serves 6-8

I like this as a quick throw together meal. It's filling and you could add cheese on top to make it cheeseburger soup. I like using the whole grain noodles, but I can only find the part whole grain in the elbows. Once you mix whole grain noodles into a soup or sauce, you can hardly tell the difference.

Flavor Rating: Great, a mild taste because I don't add any spices.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just cook and mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment