Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 85, Slow Cooked Marinaded Roast

I had a new marinade and wanted to try it out. It was a slow cooker day. Unfortunately the two didn't combine well for me today.

Slow Cooked Steakhouse Marinaded Roast

2 pound chuck roast
1 bottle (12 oz) Lawry's Signature Steakhouse marinade
1 cup water
4 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small bag baby carrots

Place roast in a slow cooker, add marinade and a cup of water. Place potatoes and carrots on top. Cook for 6-8 hours on high.

Serves 4-6

I didn't add water today and ended up burning the marinade to the sides. That ought to be fun to clean... I think I should have also made the vegetables separately from the meat so it didn't all get the marinade flavor. This might have been good on just the meat, but it was very spicy. I was the only one that could finish my dinner today. Everyone else ended up having a salad.

Flavor Rating: Ok, it was way too spicy for us and wasn't palatable.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just toss in and forget until dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment