Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 86, Baked French Toast

I've always had problems with soggy middles when I fry my french toast, so I decided to bake them today.

Baked French Toast

4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 slices texas toast sliced bread

In a shallow bowl, mix eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Soak bread in mixture for 2 minutes, flip and soak an additional 2 minutes. Place on a shallow baking pan. Bake for 7-9 minutes in a 450 degree oven until golden brown. Top with powdered sugar, your favorite syrup or fruit.

Serves 2

I looked for a baked french toast recipe and they were all calling for french bread. Because I had texas toast instead of french bread I had to cut down the amount of time in the oven. The recipe I was looking at called for 10-12 minutes, but the bread I used didn't need as much oven time. This bread also soaks up a lot of the mixture, so if you're making this for many people multiply the recipe. I tried to make 6 slices from this recipe, but it only really was good for 4-5 pieces.

Flavor Rating: Excellent, I hadn't thought of adding vanilla to my mixture before.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just mix, soak and bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment