Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 101, Pulled Pork Sandwiches

My husband requested Pulled Pork, so it actually happened today.

Slow Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches

2 pounds boneless pork chops, loin or roast
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
8 large buns or 12 small ones

Place pork into slow cooker with 1/2 cup of water or chicken stock for moisture. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, until pork is tender and easily falls apart. Remove pork from slow cooker and use two forks to shred. Remove liquid from slow cooker; place shredded pork back into slow cooker and add barbecue sauce. Heat for an additional 15-20 minutes, until hot. Serve on buns.

Serves 8-10

I used K.C. Masterpiece barbecue sauce today. I also used chops which made for easy shredding. If you use a pork roast, you may have to cut it into pieces before cooking for easier shredding. The tomatoes I had with my sandwiches today was a gourmet medley I found at Target.

Flavor Rating: Great, barbecue sauce and pork just can't be beat.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, slow cooking makes everything easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment