Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 109, Molten Cheeseburgers

We love cheeseburgers, so I thought I'd try the inside out version.

Molten Cheeseburgers

1 pound lean ground beef
4 slices fresh mozzarella, cut 1/4 inch thick
4 buns

Divide ground beef into 4 equal parts. Flatten ground beef into flat round circles. Place cheese in the center of each circle and bring the sides of the ground beef up so it touches in the center. Press the ground beef so it sticks together on outside of cheese. Preheat large frying pan over medium heat. Cook hamburgers for about 5 minutes a side, until cooked through.

Serves 4

I didn't use any seasoning because I wanted to taste the hamburger. This would be good with Italian seasoning too. As I was cooking them, they split open on two of the burgers, perhaps I didn't form the burgers enough or I started those ones with the side that I pressed together up. I chose fresh mozzarella because it's easy to melt. I also found a long pre-sliced loaf on sale this week which also helped my cheese selection.

Flavor Rating: Good, maybe some seasoning would have made it better even though this was a really good grass fed cow.

Ease of Preparation: Moderate, I ended up having to shift the meat so none of the cheese was showing before I placed it in the frying pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment