Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 110, Turkey Sausage and Sauerkraut

I had leftovers from the Reuben sandwiches so I had to use up the rest of the sauerkraut.

Turkey Sausage and Sauerkraut

1 ring turkey sausage
1 bag sauerkraut

Cut sausage into desired lengths, we had it cut into bite sized pieces but cutting it into hot dog lengths works too. Place ingredients into a large frying pan and heat over medium until hot. Serve on plates or in hot dog buns.

Serves 8

I made some biscuits with this dinner, actually I should give all the credit to my husband who made dinner this time. The biscuits were Pillsbury frozen biscuits which you can make one or a dozen at a time. I like making Kielbasa with the sauerkraut also, but the turkey sausage was on sale and also healthier for me anyhow.

Flavor Rating: Great, I like this combination, I even put sauerkraut on my hot dogs. The kids weren't too thrilled about it, they don't like sauerkraut.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, the hardest thing is cutting it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment