Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 93, Open Faced Sloppy Joes

This is another way to make sloppy joes, but still not the traditional way to eat them.

Open Faced Sloppy Joes

1 pound ground beef
1 can sloppy joe mix
6 garlic texas toast slices

Brown ground beef in a large frying pan over medium heat. Drain and rinse. Add sloppy joe mix and mix well. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Toast garlic toast in oven for 5 minutes, until golden brown. Place toast on plate; top with sloppy joe mixture.

Serves 6

I was out today so I left dinner up to my husband. He wanted sloppy joes and said he was putting it on texas toast. I forgot we had plain texas toast and though he was going to make the garlic toast, so I ended up cooking the garlic toast and placing the sloppy joe mix on them. It's always interesting when you are inventing food on a whim.

Flavor Rating: Great, I like garlic toast and needed the meat, so it was a good combination.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just heat and eat.

1 comment:

  1. I made a version of this making the mix from scratch. LOVED it. :) Always looking for new recipes, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete