Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 96, Shake and Bake Pork Chops

Pork has been cheap and I haven't had it in a while, so I decided to make it the easy way today.

Shake and Bake Pork Chops

6-8 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1 bag Shake and Bake original pork seasoning

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Moisten chops with water, shaking off excess water. Place seasoning into provided bag; add seasoning to bag. Place pork chops into bag of seasoning one at a time and shake until coated; discard extra seasoning. Place coated pork chops into a foil lined baking pan and bake for 15 minutes, until pork is cooked through, but still moist.

Serves 6-8

This is a very easy way to make your pork. Do not overcook it or you'll end up with dry chops. My sides today were a Green Giant steamer bag with rice and flavored sugarless applesauce. The Mott's natural applesauce doesn't have any fake sugar in it to sweeten the applesauce, it's just pureed fruit and a little water. Some of the "no sugar added" foods have sugar substitutes in them instead, which can be worse for some people than real sugar. I was pleasantly surprised when reading the ingredients on this no sugar added applesauce to find no added any type of sweetener in them. I love this applesauce, if you can't tell.

Flavor Rating: Great, I really like this shake and bake. Because of having 2 flavoring packet in it, I may just have to do one of the variations on the back of the box.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, it was so easy I was able to let my husband watch it while I got some other stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment