Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 97, Slow Cooked Beef and Potato Stew

I found some stew meat for cheap at the store, so I couldn't pass up the deal.

Slow Cooked Beef and Potato Stew

2 pounds beef stew meat
1 bag frozen stew vegetables
1/2 bag frozen cut carrots
1 bag ready-cut potatoes
2 boxes (32 oz each) beef broth
1 tbsp garlic herb seasoning
1 tsp ground pepper

Place one box of beef broth into a large slow cooker. Add beef and seasonings. Add vegetables and remaining broth. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.

Serves 10-12

I usually buy a roast and cut it into 1 inch pieces myself, but the stew meat was a really good price. I still had to do some trimming of fat and cutting some pieces into the right size, but it was still a good way to get my beef. I used a new garlic herb seasoning this time, it was the Target brand seasoning in the glass bottles. This turned out to be a really good blend. Using the frozen vegetables saved on prep time for me. It was just toss in and forget until dinner.

Flavor Rating: Great, it was a nice blend of flavors.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just toss in and forget. An easy meal for someone who needs to work all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment