Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 123, Lemon Chicken Salad

With the weather warming like it has been, I felt the need for a salad. I like my meat warm on the salads.

Lemon Chicken Salad

1 pound chicken, cut into slices
1/2 bottle Lawry's Herb and Garlic marinade
1 bag salad mix
1 container grape tomatoes

Place chicken and marinade in a resealable bag. Let set in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. In a large frying pan, cook marinaded chicken until cooked through, approximately 8-10 minutes. Discard remaining marinade. Divide salad mix into bowls. Top with chicken and tomatoes.

Serves 2-3

I didn't think this needed any dressing because the chicken is so flavorful, but if you feel the need for additional dressing, a good vinaigrette would work with this. Shredded cheese might be a good addition also. It is a light meal, so this would be good for a night you're not too hungry.

Flavor Rating: Good, I like this marinade, it's one of my favorite ones.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, cooking in the marinade makes oil unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment