Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 127, Primavera Potato Salad

I got my bi-monthly Cooking Club magazine and had to try out a few of their new recipes. The bonus for me was that I was able to get my husband to make them for me. Check out the original recipe here.

Primavera Potato Salad

1 1/2 lbs small new potatoes, unpeeled
5 oz green beans, sliced
2 cups lightly packed baby spinach
1/2 cup diagonally thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
1/2 cup diagonally thinly sliced green onions

Vinaigrette
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp shopped fresh thyme
1 tsp coarse salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Add green beans and carrots; cook 5 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain; cool under cold running water.
Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl until well blended.
When potatoes are cool enough to handle, quarter larger ones and halve small ones. Place in a large bowl, along with beans, carrots, spinach, radishes and green onions. Toss with vinaigrette to lightly coat. Serve at room temperature.

Serves 10 (3/4 cup servings)

The way we eat, and because this was the only thing we were eating, it only served 4-5. It was interesting, I think the vinegar was a bit too tangy for what I was looking for. I suppose as a side it wouldn't be too bad, but as a main course it needed a little something.

Flavor Rating: Good, a little too tangy for me.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, quick to prepare and easy to tell if the potatoes are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment