Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 129, Sweet and Tangy Braised Beef

Thanks to winning some meals at Let's Dish from MomsLikeMe.com I was able to have a few meals already prepared in my freezer.

(all ingredients approximate)

2-3 pound beef loin
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tbsp cocktail sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup ginger ale

Combine last 7 ingredients in a plastic resealable bag. Place beef loin in bag. Seal and massage to mix ingredients. Marinade overnight. Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

Serves 4-6

Beer may be substituted for the ginger ale. I liked having the meal ready to cook whenever I want and I know what was in the meal because I prepared it at the store. They also have pre-made meals for those who are in a hurry but still want a real meal. The ingredients I listed are to the best of my memory and may not be exact to what was actually in the meal.

Flavor Rating: Great, the cocktail sauce added an extra kick. I wouldn't have thought to do that on my own.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just throw together and have a hot meal ready for you when you get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment