Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 130, Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Mexican Cream Cheese

I have a total of 4 different meals from Let's Dish and this was #2 of the 4. I picked dishes I wouldn't have thought to make myself and this was one of the tasty ones.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Mexican Cream Cheese

12 chicken tenders
6 slices bacon
6 tbsp cream cheese
1 tbsp taco seasoning

Line counter with waxed paper. Place bacon flat on wax paper. Place one chicken tender at top of each bacon slice. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and taco seasoning until well blended. Spread 1 tbsp of mixture on each chicken tender. Place other chicken tenders on top of cream cheese. Roll bacon around chicken. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken wraps on individual aluminum foil. Roll up into packets. Bake for 10 minutes, unwrap and cook an additional 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

Serves 4-6

This meal came with frozen corn. It can be cooked from frozen, just add an additional 5 minute for both foil wrapped and unwrapped baking. I think if I were to make this at home I would leave out the taco seasoning, I liked the cream cheese but was not sure of the taco seasoning. I picked the regular bacon, but there was a choice of jalapeno bacon. Perhaps I would have liked them better if I were feeling better. The next couple of days we didn't eat because of illness running through the house.

Flavor Rating: Great, I liked this combination, bacon makes everything better.

Ease of Preparation: Moderate, a lot of hand washing and it took a minute to figure out how to roll the bacon around the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment