Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 132, Spinach and Strawberry Salad

I had to make something light so as to not upset any stomachs any more so I went with a salad. This was light and tasty. I have started to buy from the bulk section of my grocery store which is where I got my sunflower nuts.

Spinach and Strawberry Salad

1 bag baby spinach
1 pound strawberries, cut into slices
2 tbsp sunflower nuts
2 tbsp raspberry vinaigrette

Place spinach and strawberries in a bowl. Add dressing and toss. Top with sunflower nuts.

Serves 2

I found unsalted sunflower nuts in the bulk section. It was nice to be able to purchase just the amount I needed and not a prepackaged portion. Fortunately I have a husband that doesn't mind having just salad for dinner. It's easy to be able to just toss together a salad every once in a while.

Flavor Rating: Great, a nice fruity combination.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, the hardest part is preparing the strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment