Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 133, Bacon Ranch Burgers

Sorry I haven't been able to update lately. Life just sometimes gets in the way. This was a different bunch of toppings for my burger.

Bacon Ranch Burger

1 pound lean ground beef
4 slices bacon
4 tbsp ranch dressing
1 cup French's French Fried Onions
4 buns

Form ground beef into 4 patties, cook in a large frying pan over medium heat until desired doneness, approx. 5 minutes per side for well done. Form bacon into circles; bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until desired crispiness. Split buns if not already cut. Place one burger on each bun, top with bacon, 1 tbsp ranch dressing on each and french fried onions.

Serves 4

I decided to make my burgers like this from inspiration from some fast food restaurants that top their burgers with ranch dressing and onion rings. They looked yummy, so I decided to try this version myself. My husband loves the french fried onions on his green bean casserole during the holidays, so I decided that placing them on burgers would go well. Lean ground beef was on sale a couple of weeks ago, so I got the 90-10 beef and this works really well for burgers because I can't rinse the fat off a burger.

Flavor Rating: Great, I liked this combination. It may not have been the healthiest burger, but it tasted very good.

Ease of Preparation: Moderate, form your patties thin and indent the center for even cooking. Check my baking bacon recipe in my BLT recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm..I love ranch burgers! You know what is really good...taking a packet of dry ranch seasoning and mixing it in with the ground beef before forming the patties. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete