Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 137, Fusion Pork Tenderloin

This was the final meal I got from Let's Dish. I got enough in this meal to serve as many as 8-10 rather than the 4-6 it claims. Both the beans and the pork were spicy but not too hot. Check out the link for the ingredients. I don't remember the exact amounts.


2 pork tenderloins
1/2 cup liquid egg
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup plum sauce
1 tbsp crushed ginger
1 tbsp curry powder
1 bag frozen beans (about 3 cups)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 to 1 tsp crushed red pepper

Mix breadcrumbs and coconut in a resealable bag. Brush pork with egg or place pork in a resealable bag with egg. Place pork in bag with breadcrumbs and pat lightly to coat. Remove from bag and place in a baking pan, repeat with second tenderloin. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake pork for 40-50 minutes until crust is browned and pork is cooked. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
In a small bowl, mix plum sauce, ginger and curry. Serve over sliced pork.
Spread green beans evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees F., until beans are hot. Meanwhile, mix vinegar, garlic powder and pepper. Toss sauce with beans. Serve immediately.

Serves 8-10

I enjoyed this dish. It was spicy, but not burn your mouth hot. I don't remember the exact amounts that went in each sauce, so I hope the recipe above is fairly accurate. I got the pork and the beans with this meal. Although they claim that most of their meals serve 4-6, this had enough to feed at least 8 people. This is a meal I would make again. It is recommended to serve over noodles, but I found that we had enough with just the pork and the beans.

Flavor Rating: Great, just the right infusion of flavors.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, a little messy as with all things I have to stick to breadcrumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment