Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 138, Basic Omelet

I don't make my omelets like I was taught in Home Ec. all those years ago. I prefer a drier egg than Martha Stewart and would never be able to eat an omelet cooked the way she makes them.

Basic Omelet

2 large eggs
1 tbsp water
2 slices American cheese

In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and water together until consistently yellow. Spray a small frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and preheat to medium. Add eggs and allow to cook for approximately 1-2 minutes until cooked through enough to flip. Remove from heat and flip cooked egg over. Add cheese and any other ingredients you wish. Fold egg in half and allow cheese to melt. Serve immediately.

Serves 1

I prefer a drier egg and this method allows me to have it cooked all the way through. The method that I was taught and you may be able to find on professional cooking shows is to gently move egg to the middle and allow the liquid to spill to the edges. I like to just cook my eggs like I'm frying them then folding it like an omelet. You can fry up some peppers, onions, mushrooms or whatever you like in the middle of your omelet. Shredded cheese works well for melting inside an omelet also.

Flavor Rating: Good, the more ingredients you put inside it, the yummier the omelet gets.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, this is the easiest way I found to make my omelets.

No comments:

Post a Comment