Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 143, Santa Fe Chicken

I was on a chicken kick, so I decided to do another chicken dish. I found plenty of these dishes at CampbellsKitchen.com.


1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp chili powder
4 skinless boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
2 tbsp vegetable oil (or olive oil)
1 can tomato soup
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Stir the flour and chili powder on a plate. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Add the soup to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Top each chicken with the cheese.

Serves 4

I cut my chicken up for ease of serving the children. I also used 4 tbsp of each the flour and chili powder so I could coat every side of my cut up chicken. I used a blend of 3 cheddar cheeses I found as a new blend in my local grocery store. I ended up using a little more cheese than the recipe called for, about a half cup total, because I added the cheese after I plated each serving. It was just spicy enough for me.

Flavor Rating: Great, a nice blend of spices.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, not too much prep work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment