Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 91, Au Jus Roast Beef Sandwiches

It was my birthday today, but I still had to make dinner, so I just made sandwiches.

Roast Beef Au Jus Sandwiches

1 pound sliced roast beef
1 (32 oz) box beef broth
4 slices baby Swiss cheese
4 long buns, I used bollios today

Place beef broth and roast beef in a medium pot; bring to a boil. Slice buns, top with roast beef, add cheese if desired. Place some beef broth in a bowl for dipping.

Serves 4

I don't like a lot of salt in my meals, so I just used beef broth instead of Au Jus sauce. If you prefer, there are several brands of Au Jus sauce in the grocery store. I have used both condensed and dry mixes, but find them all too salty for my tastes. The roast beef is even a low sodium brand.

Flavor Rating: Good, I think the saltier sauce may have given it a little more flavor.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, nice and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment