Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 125, Easter Dinner

I had a ham to make, so I made this for Easter. Not the first time I had this, but I think it was a different glaze, a honey glaze. I actually made this ham, just heat according to the directions on the glaze packet.

Easter Ham

Spiral Cut Ham
Glaze Packet
2 tbsp water

Heat ham according to packaging. Heat at 250 degrees F. for about 30 minutes. Bring oven up to 425 and prepare glaze by mixing it with 2 tbsp water in a bowl them drizzling it over the ham. Heat for an additional 5 minutes, until glaze has melted.

Also with this meal: Yukon potatoes, microwaved; asparagus, boiled; corn, steamed.

Serves 8-10

Ham is a traditional meal for many Christians for Easter. I just happened to have one in the freezer and needed the room. Now I have a quarter of that ham in the freezer for later use. Spiral cut hams need to be oven heated but unsliced ham can be boiled then heated. Do not boil your spiral cut ham or you will lose all the moisture from the ham and it will be dry. I made that mistake once.

Flavor Rating: Great, I loved this glaze.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just throw it in the oven and forget about it for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment