Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 134, Brats

I found a brand of brats that were MSG and gluten free with no added nitrates and wanted to try them. Klements makes this brand that can be found next to the rest of the hot dogs and processed brats.

1-2 brats per person (6 in package)
same amount of buns

Heat brats in shallow water for 7-10 minutes, until heated all the way through. Serve on buns and top with favorite toppings.

Serves 4-6

I am not a hot dog fan and something in the spices didn't agree with me. These were a decent flavor for a smoked brat and if you can handle eating brats, they weren't too bad. The macaroni and cheese were Velveeta and I was trying it because they came out with a whole wheat noodle. After the cheese was put on, the noodles tasted similar to the shells that come in the standard box. I think I will stick with my homemade version so I can control the ingredients better.

Flavor Rating: Good, not bad for that amount of processed food.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just heat and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment