Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 64, Roast Beef Lavash

I was out and about today, so I had to come up with something quick when we came home. Sandwiches are always an easy way to feed on the run.

Roast Beef Lavash Rolls

2 slices lavash bread
1/2 container spreadable cheese (I used light garlic and herb)
3 cups baby spinach
3/4 pound sliced roast beef

Spread cheese over one side of lavash bread. Distribute spinach over cheese until sandwich is covered evenly. Place roast beef flat on sandwich. Roll sandwich up. Cut into 1 inch slices.

Serves 4

This is a common deli sandwich. I liked being able to stick the spinach to the cheese. Garlic and herb cheese goes well with the roast beef. If you prefer chicken or turkey, a veggie cheese spread may be better. I spread the cheese thin for fewer calories, but still had plenty of taste. This would be good for eating on the run between school and sports or just for a quick lunch. Spinach is better for nutirents compared to green leaf lettuce and is a good rolling green.

Flavor Rating: Great, I thought the cheese and roast beef worked well together.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, it was quick to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment