Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day 19, Turkey Sandwich

With having to run errands and do last minute shopping for Christmas, I didn't get around to making dinner until later this evening. I was the only one eating at this time tonight. The rest of the family had KFC, but I still ate at home tonight. Oddly enough, one sandwich was enough for me.

Turkey Sandwich

2 slices of bread
3 oz leftover turkey
tomato slices
baby Swiss cheese

other good toppings you may add:

mayonnaise
lettuce
mustard, any type

Place turkey on one half of bread, add tomato slices, lettuce then cheese on top of bread. Cover with other half of bread. If you want to add mayonnaise, spread on slice of bread before placing turkey. Do not put tomato or lettuce next to bread unless you like soggy bread. Cheese should always be a barrier between vegetables and bread to prevent sogginess.

Serves 1

I, like Sheldon of The Big Bang Theory, do not like soggy bread on a sandwich. I will never place my tomato or lettuce next to my bread. Please do not put your vegetables next to your bread on a sandwich if you will be bringing it to work with you.

Flavor Rating: Good, but it would have been better if I had decided to put the mayonnaise on the sandwich instead of dropping it on the floor.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, just toss it on the bread and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment