Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 26, Sloppy Joe Under a Bun

I'm not partial to Sloppy Joes, but making it this way is tasty to me. It takes a little longer to make, but is well worth it. You do need to eat it with a fork though.



Sloppy Joe Under a Bun

1 pound hamburger
1 can sloppy joe mix
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup biscuit mix
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a skillet, cook ground beef until browned. Drain and rinse hamburger. Return to skillet and add sloppy joe mix. Place mixture into a greased 8x8 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with cheese. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix, egg and milk until blended. Pour evenly over cheese; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered for 25 minutes until golden brown.

Serves 4-6

I never really liked Sloppy Joes on buns, but baking it under the bun makes it tastier in my mind. Maybe it's the eating it with a fork that makes it better, or the cheese that melts in between the bread and the hamburger, but I prefer to have it like this. I like to make green beans with it this way; when making it to go on top of a bun, chips are the preferred side. My kids even get less messy when they have to eat it with a fork.

Flavor Rating: Great, it could be the biscuit mix, but it's my preferred method.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, it's a little tricky to get the biscuit mix even if you mix it too soon; mix the biscuit mix directly before pouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment