Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 5, Chicken and Potatoes

Today I was too busy to make a meal. I got a rotisserie chicken from my local grocery store and made a box of potatoes and heated up some green beans. When you have little time, you can still make a healthy meal. This is also a good way to fake out a long prepared meal.



Rotisserie Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans

Your favorite Rotisserie Chicken from a local store
Box of potatoes, I used Betty Crocker Sour Cream and Chives
Green Beans

Pick up chicken on the way home. Make potatoes as directed on box. Heat beans according to instructions on bag/can.

I was out all day today from a trip to the Mall of America so it was getting late by the time we got home. I still wanted to feed the family a decent meal. Rotisserie chicken is cheaper than bringing the whole family out to dinner. I had plenty of boxed potatoes because of great sales they had the other week at Target. I always have green beans in the freezer, I like to have vegetables on hand, but don't always use them right away if I pick them up fresh. Many times they are actually cheaper when purchased frozen. I haven't eaten vegetables canned in ages, they're just too salty from the preservatives.

Flavor Rating: good, was a decent meal after a long day.

Ease of preparation: Easy, just throw a couple of ingredients together and heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment