Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 21, Chicken Alfredo

So here we are at the recipe that my husband was getting tired of. I just discovered Alfredo sauce last year and found it to be really yummy. It makes for an easy dish with just 4 ingredients.


Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 box whole wheat rotini noodles
2 cups broccoli
1 jar Alfredo sauce

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until cooked thoroughly. You don't need to add oil because the breasts tend to be wet enough to cook in their own juices. Meanwhile, steam broccoli until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package. Drain noodles and chicken. Add all ingredients to same frying pan and stir until all ingredients are coated. Serve warm.

Serves 8 - 10

I love broccoli. It's my favorite vegetable. That makes it hard to want to serve other vegetables. My husband can only handle broccoli once a week or so. The kids aren't huge fans of broccoli, but handle it well. I like the taste of Alfredo sauce, especially the Classico Creamy Alfredo. This is a dish I could make all the time, if it weren't for having to feed everyone else too. When I find something I like I go overboard with it. That's probably why my husband got sick of it, from eating it too often. Now he won't have to worry about having it for another whole year.

Flavor Rating: Great, Broccoli and Alfredo, how can I go wrong?

Ease of Preparation: Easy, if only I could figure out how to use fewer pots to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment