Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 42, Seafood Salad

This is a colorful pasta salad that my husband loves and we end up eating within a couple of days. I have brought it to work functions and is good for picnics.


Seafood Salad

1 box tri-color rotini noodles
2 packets dry italian seasoning
vegetables of your choice:
tomatoes
cucumbers
sweet peppers
olives
green onions
14 oz seafood of choice, imitation crab, salad shrimp

In a large pot cook noodles to al dente, cool. Mix one packet italian seasoning according to instructions, adding 1/4 cup more vinegar. Pour over noodles. Add chopped vegetables and seafood. Mix second dressing according to packaging and pour over salad, mixing thoroughly.

Serves 10

This can be made the night before. You can omit the seafood for a vegetarian meal or if someone is allergic to seafood. My husband loves having this dish and requests it often. I always use olive oil for the dressing, it tastes better and is healthier for you. I gained this recipe originally from my mother, but I have changed it up a bit from the original and enjoy it better the way I make it.

Flavor Rating: Great, I like the vegetable mix that is listed.

Ease of Preparation: Easy, it's a lot of chopping though.

No comments:

Post a Comment